Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Besties is Here!

Hi friends!  Welcome to The Besties!  Thank you SO much for stopping by.  I'm sure you are wondering... what the heck is The Besties?!

The Besties blog features "the best stuff" (not your bff) in the DIY, decorating, crafting, refinishing, cooking/baking, etc. blogosphere.

I am launching The Besties in the hopes of giving newer bloggers some big exposure by featuring them (and no one else!) in a post.

That is the best thing about The Besties, each post will only feature one person and their project only... kinda like being the star of the day back in gradeschool... it's all about you!

I remember when I started blogging a little over a year ago how exciting it was (and still is!) to watch your followers grow.  What a great feeling that people, complete strangers no less, like what I'm doing!

But, I also remember as a newbie thinking "how the in the world do I get people to read my blog?!"  I joined lots of link parties but even then, someone actually has to click on my link out of hundreds of others in the party, growth can be slow. 

I'm hoping The Besties will give the newer blogger a big shot of exposure when one of their best posts is featured here.

But no fear to you long-time bloggers, The Besties is an equal opportunity blog, old-timers will be featured too. Anyone who's got a really great post can be featured on The Besties.  :)

As The Besties grows I hope for it to become a daily read for everyone looking for some creative inspiration!

Thanks again for stopping in... I'd love for you to "Follow" The Besties and check it out on Facebook too... it's all in the sidebar.

Come back Saturday for our first feature... who's it gonna be?!?

28 comments:

  1. This is such an amazing idea . . just read your post on your shoestring blog. So excited to see what you feature here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Congrats! As one of those "newbies" I appreciate this new blog! How fun and it looks amazing Kate! Follower #2!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool idea! we are newbies and would love the opportunity for extra exposure! thanks for starting such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea, I love this! Can't wait to see everyone's projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, so this is what you had up your sleeve! LOVE it!
    Jen
    Scissors & Spatulas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your kindness and generossity. The world needs more like you
    Best Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, Kate!! Your so awesome to do this just for us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a sweet idea! I love it! I've linked to your parties a couple of times, but like you said, get lost in the crowd! Looking forward to seeing some great projects and submitting some of my own <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kate you ROCK!!! Love the whole idea! Thanks a bunch hun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! I'm so excited to see all the besties that you feature!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not only a wonderful iedea, but great service to all bloggers! Thanks for doing this.

    http://showtellshare.blogspot.com/ is following you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kate - what an awesome idea and great way to share the blog love! ~diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOh! Another blog to delay my days' productivity? Yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool idea, Kate! I'll be interested to see some of the talent you find.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is an awesome idea - can't wait to see what all is out there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great platform for us newbies and all the veterans too! I can't wait see all the best out there in blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a great idea. I'm also doing something similar in trying to help newbies out, though I'm considered a newbie, too. It's all about the "Thank You Economy" that I've heard of. I'm glad someone as established and talented as you are is hoping on board!

    Cheers,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great idea. thanks for giving us newbies a chance to get our name out there

    ReplyDelete
  19. Once again Kate...great idea! I am looking forward to seeing all those "hidden" blogs that are yet to be discovered. Good on ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kate - what a sweet and very thoughtful thing to do! Not to mention it sounds like a whole lot of fun! Can't wait to see the posts. Thank you so much for "giving back" to new bloggers. You are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Splendid idea & perfect for new bloggers! Was working all night the Thurs this came out & forgot to check over here. Looking forward to future besties!

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this idea! I just discovered your other blog as well and am now following. :) I'm not a new blogger but still working hard at building my readership so this is an awesome thing you are doing!

    ReplyDelete